SAMPLE ITEMS FROM THE YSQ - S2
THIS VERSION IS NOW OUT OF DATE
TO ORDER THE 3RD EDITION OF THE YSQ,
PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW ONLINE ORDER WEBSITE: WWW.SCHEMATHERAPY.ORG
Listed below are statements that a person might use to describe himself or herself. Please read each statement and decide how well it describes you. When there you are not sure, base your answer on what you emotionally feel, not on what you think to be true. Choose the highest rating from 1 to 6 that describes you and write the number in the space before the statement.
1 = Completely untrue of me
2 = Mostly untrue of me
3 = Slightly more true than untrue
4 = Moderately true of me
5 = Mostly true of me
6 = Describes me perfectly
1. _____ Most of the time, I haven't had someone to nurture me, share him/herself with me, or care deeply about everything that happens to me.
2. _____ In general, people have not been there to give me warmth, holding, and affection.
3. _____ For much of my life, I haven't felt that I am special to someone.
4. _____ For the most part, I have not had someone who really listens to me, understands me, or is tuned into my true needs and feelings.
5. _____ I have rarely had a strong person to give me sound advice or direction when I'm not sure what to do.
6. _____ I find myself clinging to people I'm close to, because I'm afraid they'll leave me.
7.______I need other people so much that I worry about losing them.
8. _____ I worry that people I feel close to will leave me or abandon me.
9. _____ When I feel someone I care for pulling away from me, I get desperate.
10. _____ Sometimes I am so worried about people leaving me that I drive them away.
11. _____ I feel that people will take advantage of me.
12.______I feel that I cannot let my guard down in the presence of other people, or else they will intentionally hurt me.
13.______It is only a matter of time before someone betrays me.
14. _____ I am quite suspicious of other people's motives.
15. _____ I'm usually on the lookout for people's ulterior motives.
16. _____ I don't fit in.
17. _____ I'm fundamentally different from other people.
18. _____ I don't belong; I'm a loner.
19. _____ I feel alienated from other people.
20. _____ I always feel on the outside of groups.
21. _____ No man/woman I desire could love me one he/she saw my defects.
22. _____ No one I desire would want to stay close to me if he/she knew the real me.
23. _____ I'm unworthy of the love, attention, and respect of others.
24. _____ I feel that I'm not lovable.
THE REMAINING ITEMS ARE NOT REPRINTED HERE.
TO ORDER THE 3RD EDITION OF THE YSQ, PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW ONLINE ORDER WEBSITE: WWW.SCHEMATHERAPY.ORG
COPYRIGHT 2014 Jeffrey Young, Ph.D. Unauthorized reproduction without written consent of the authors is prohibited.